Thursday, January 22, 2009

ADSL

A
D
amn
S
ore
L
oser

My port was clogged this morning.

So I called the Telkom Internet Broadband Support Desk on 0800375375. My call was attended to the moment I had waded through the voice prompts. Impressed was I. Muneeb seemed to be a great help. After 45 minutes the call ended. And my problems persisted. I did as told. Logged the fault on TELKOMSA.NET
And heard nothing further from my ISP.

I then called the SAME Telkom Internet Broadband Support Desk on 0800375375 this afternoon. Brandon attempted to assist me. He was very upset that Muneeb had NOT given me a Reference Number. After about 5 minutes our call ended. Without Brandon giving me a Reference Number either!

A snooze and 2 hours later of "No Luck" I called the SAME Telkom Internet Broadband Support Desk on 0800375375 and spoke with Mark. He immediately gave me a Reference Number (or REFNUM, as he called it), sent me an automated SMS confirming my logging of the fault, informed me that Telkom were attending to the fault, and wished me a pleasant life.

Approximately 15 minutes later all seems to up and running again. Oops. Spoke too soon. Another hiccup. No wait - all is fine again.

Thank you Mark. A little effort (aka Following The Correct Procedure) and I'm out of your hair - and out of you call queue.

And happy.

Not with the service, but rather with my connectedness.

Another little hiccup - and some flatulence, and we're online again.

What the problem was, no-one seems to know.
Nor do they really give a fuck about it.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! good luck getting anything done by those fellas. They don't call 'em Hellkom for no reason...

    ReplyDelete